Yes there is! We now provide a Diabetic Plan for our members. Here are some details about our diabetic plan and what you can expect to receive through this plan:
· It follows the recent general guidelines of the American Diabetes Association, recommending a consistent carbohydrate diet rather than a low-carb approach;
· Each weekly plan includes seven dinner recipes and sides with a corresponding shopping list;
· Each weekly plan includes easy-to-prepare, good-for-you meals with four with 40-55 grams of carbohydrate and three “Low Carb” meals with 30-40 grams of carbohydrate;
· Our Carb-smart, heart-healthy meal plans are designed to help control a person’s carbohydrate, saturated fat and sodium intake;
· It is a simple guide for people with both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes or heart disease or those just looking to eat healthier, as well as for individuals who are pre-diabetic;
· The number of servings, calories, grams of carbohydrate, and grams of fiber are provided for each entrée and side dish;
· Each recipe is reviewed by eMeals Registered Dietitians;
· The plan features healthy cooking oils, lower-fat cuts of meat, whole grains and plenty of fruits and vegetables;
· Small amounts of granulated sugar are preferred over artificial varieties.
The eMeals Diabetes meal plan is meant to serve as a guide for creating simple, balanced meals to help manage your diabetes. Although our recipes are reviewed by Registered Dietitians, you should always consult your health care provider before making any changes to your diet.
Should you have any questions about our Diabetic plan, please contact a team expert at 205-721-8820 or 888-996-3259.